SUPERNATURAL

SUPERNATURAL
Come get some.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sex & Violence

Ok, so I have a complaint for the most recent episode "Sex & Violence" (aired 2/5/09):

It seems as though the producers, or whoever deals with the biz on the show, have had Eric Kripke (the writer), draft up a number of dispensable episodes that can evidently be thrown in wherever and whenever as space-fillers through the season.  Basically there is this creature, similar to the Sirens described in the Odyssey, convincing idiotic men to kill those most beloved in their lives, and then up and vanishing.  Oh, and did I mention that this Siren creature can morph into whatever form proves most aesthetically pleasing to that of the victim? Well, it can.  Sounds cool enough, right?

Wrong.

How can the producers do this to it's loyal fans?  You can't drop a bomb, and then expect no one to hear the "BOOM!"  They are force-feeding the public this fluffer bs, while they promised us the ultimate battle of all creation!  Where is Ruby?  What's Lilith up to? Where are the angels?  I feel like a dog with one of those contraptions attached- the ones where there'a a juicy, delicious bone dangling in front of my face, and I just can't seem to grab it, because why? Oh yea.  It's connected to a stick, strapped to my back intended to torture me forever.  

Ok, so maybe that's slightly dramatic, but c'mon.  This latest episode uses the whole "I'm worried that you're gonna go darkside on me Sam, and I'll have to kill you, but I can't because you're my brother and I love you," versus the "I have awesome yet terrible abilities that you are keeping me from fully understanding and using, Dean, because you are weak and over-bearing" dynamic again.  But what I REALLY want to know is when we are gonna get back down to business.  The whole idea of having the boys confess their deepest thoughts and worries to each other under the pretense of some outside force is fine the first couple of times.  But what really gets old is the aftermath, where the boys play the evasive maneuver, and pathetically try to dance around the true issues at hand.  
Been there, done that.  
Exhibit A: "Asylum" in Season 1.  
Exhibit B: "Croatoan" in Season 2.  
Should I continue? It's no problem, I can keep going...

Anyhow, I say let's get on with this war.

No comments:

Post a Comment